The following is an email I sent last week to our entire company that I wanted to share as I’m extremely proud of what we’ve done so far in 2012 and what we’re going to keep doing throughout the rest of the year. You want the inside scoop on why we’re the best IaaS company in the world? The secrets are revealed here!
I just wanted to drop a quick line and thank you all for the hard work you put in to help grow this company so far in 2012. Our Q1 was ridiculously insane in such a positive way that it’s important for us to all take the weekend to reflect.
“Better, Faster, Stronger” couldn’t have been more accurate than what we saw in our Q1 as we stayed true to the year’s plan. It’s time to ratchet it up further in Q2!
The final quarterly numbers aren’t entirely done, but here are a few noteworthy snapshots:
- Our yearly projections for ecommerce revenue went up in just three short months. Huge props to the entire company for making this happen!
- Our enterprise revenue target was smashed for Q1. Another huge props to the entire company! In 90 days, we matched our closed sales output for the past two years. When you think of just how strong we’ve been in our last few years, this is something to be proud of.
Here’s some other facts that I just find outstanding about the last three months:
We are now 138 full-time employees, spread over three worldwide offices.
- We now have eight full-time employees in our EMEA headquarters (and moved the office to Brighton, England!).
- We now have four full-time employees in our SFO office (and finally decked it all out to look like a Dyn office!).
- We reorganized many of our departments, recruited and promoted top leadership and prepared our company for the next 50 hires. #wowza
- DynECT 5.0 — the fifth version of our bread and butter DynECT Managed DNS — launched! That’s amazing and we literally cut our competition at the knees with this release with CNAME monitoring and Geo Traffic Management control. #awesome
- DynECT Email Delivery continues to innovate and impress customers with a complimentary product to our core DNS product. We are basically creating a space and it’s exciting to be a part of.
- We continue to rebuild and strengthen our global networks for both DNS & Email. Warsaw, Poland, has arrived, more data centers are coming and our team continues to put together something we should be super proud of. Big props to the Ops & data center teams!
- We attended over 20+ events representing Dyn, spreading the “Get Some IaaS” love. We also launched this disruptive marketing campaign and will continue to push the envelope all year long.
- We hosted another packed Music Meets Tech-themed DynTini and did something like 50 interviews in one night! #thegrassisgreener
- We hosted an intern fair with over 40 potential interns for the summer of 2012. #employerofchoice
- We hosted our first Culture-Con at Dyn HQ, cementing ourselves as a business cultural leader and even recruited the keynote speaker to work for us!
- We threw an epic event at SXSW with over 1000 of our closest friends with CTOs and senior tech talent from Twitter, BazaarVoice, WordPress, Chargify, Homeaway, Spiceworks, Soundcloud, Revision3 and more in the house. Guy Kawasaki and the folks who built Apple, Google and Microsoft’s data centers were all in attendance and oogling over us. Can you say #VIP?
I could go on and on here, but the key to all of this success is YOU. It’s all about the people. Keep up the excellent work and commitment! Be sure to congratulate your peers and challenge each other for even greater things ahead!