Stop malicious API usage, automated API scraping and API hijacking.
Currently under DDoS attack? Get immediate mitigation with our emergency on-boarding. Contact Us Now!
Organizations are deploying Application Program Interface (API) endpoints at an ever-increasing rate to keep up with the demands of mobile applications, server-to-server communication, and micro service requirements. This creates a broader attack surface that is increasingly a target for savvy threat actors and malicious botnets. Oracle Dyn API Protection determines the legitimacy of API calls to eliminate attacks before they reach your network.
Oracle Dyn API Protection goes beyond traditional solutions and understands that IP rate limiting is not enough. Unlike traditional API protection solutions which simply rely on IP rate limiting and basic DDoS protection techniques, Oracle Dyn API Protection uses advanced algorithms to vet API requests, determine legitimacy and eliminate API attacks at the edge of the network. Oracle Dyn API Protection blocks malicious activity allowing for only authorized traffic to pass through seamlessly. API Protection is designed to work with both authenticated and un-authenticated API calls and provides protection against dictionary attacks, Layer 3/4/7 DDoS attacks, API malicious usage, automated API scraping, and API hijacking.
Receive a fully custom security report - for free!
Do you have the tools and expertise you need to intelligently defend your sites, systems, and applications from a complex and ever-evolving cyber threat landscape? Let's find out!
- Advanced validation techniques
- Stronger protection than IP rate limiting alone
- Mobile integration
- In-depth reporting and analytics
How It Works
- The API Protection library integrates with the client’s application (mobile apps, etc.)
- A unique hash is generated by the API Protection library.
- Each API call contains a header with the unique hash that guarantees that the API call originated from a friendly legitimate source.
- API calls that do not have the unique hash are blocked at the edge.
Ready to see API Protection in action?
Find out how Dyn can help improve your application security.