There are a five steps you must take to transfer your domain registration to Dyn:
- Configure your DNS: The domain’s delegation will be locked during the transfer. If you are switching to Dyn Standard DNS, please delegate the domain to Dyn Standard DNS before you begin the transfer.
- Unlock the domain: To prevent fraud, your domain registration will likely be transfer-locked. Please log into your current registrar and unlock the domain.
- Get the authcode: You will need to get your EPP Authorization Code from your current registrar to transfer the domain. The authcode is essentially a password that authorizes the transfer.
- Update your WHOIS information: Please ensure the Admin Contact email address on file for your domain is accurate. You will receive a confirmation email at that address to proceed with the transfer. If you are using a WHOIS privacy service, you must turn it off to continue.
- Begin the transfer: Please purchase the transfer by searching for your domain here and following the instructions. You will receive a confirmation email at your Admin Contact address, which must be completed before the transfer will proceed.
Once started, a transfer can take up to seven to ten days to complete.
Why can’t I transfer my domain?
A domain registration cannot be transferred to a new registrar under the following conditions:
- The domain has been created within the past 60 days.
- The domain has expired, been renewed, or been transferred within the past 45 days.
- The domain expires within 10 days, or has already expired.*
If any of these conditions apply (which may vary depending on the TLD), you will need to wait the appropriate amount of time or renew the domain to continue with the transfer process.
*Per ICANN policy, expired registrations may be transferred to new providers. If your domain has expired and you wish to transfer, please contact Support.