What is the Hackademy? Where is it?
Hackademy is a four-day invite-only program at Dyn for between 20 to 30 computer science and engineering students who are in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of college. The program will feature coding workshops, networking opportunities, and a mini hackathon where students work in teams to develop apps for NH non-profit organizations. The 2014 event will run from Thursday, May 15 through Sunday, May 18 at Dyn’s headquarters in downtown Manchester, NH.
- Up to three nights lodging, accommodations and meals paid by Dyn.
- Workshops, mentoring, exposure to a highly-regarded and respected work environment, and exposure to the top industry experts in the world of Internet infrastructure and tech.
- Cool free stuff!
- Bragging rights and a prize if you win the hackathon.
What are the application requirements?
- You must be at least 18.
- You must be in your sophomore, junior, or senior year of college.
- You must be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical major.
- You must be nominated by one of your computer science and/or engineering professors.
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 basis).
- You must submit an essay (1-2 pages) that shows how/why attending Hackademy would help you academically and professionally.
- You must be passionate about engineering and a love for software product development!
- You must be able to get to Manchester, NH on your own.
- You must bring your own laptop.
How are the applicants chosen?
Selection is based on the applicant’s profile. We’re looking to attract a great cross section of talent from all disciplines mentioned above. Several of Dyn’s top technology talent will be involved on the application process.
What are the important dates?
- Nomination by faculty must be submitted by March 14.
- Deadline to submit complete application by March 28.
- All selected participants will be announced by April 4.
- The event will be run from Thursday, May 15 through Sunday, May 18.
Who can you contact?
- For more information, please email Ali Rafieymehr.